Hi Folks,

As you may have noticed, everyone's following and follower counts are
represented with a big fat zero right now. They aren't actually zero, we
just changed some wiring around to halt a nasty bug that's flowing around. A
fix for that bug and the restoration of following and follower counts will
deploy shortly. Tweets are flowing normally.

>From our status.twitter.com blog post:

"We identified and resolved a bug that permitted a user to “force” other
users to follow them. We’re now working to rollback all abuse of the bug
that took place. Follower/following numbers are currently at 0; we’re aware
and this too should shortly be resolved."

http://status.twitter.com/post/587210796/follow-bug-discovered-remedied

Thank you everyone for your patience as we work this one out.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod