Ok so I'm trying to muddle through the myriad of article to glean some
information about how this new OAuth REQUIREMENTS will work with
backend applications.  I completely get how it works for user
interaction, but what I fail to find anywhere is how it works with
automated backend tools.

Our web app doesn't interact with a user at all - we go do an
aggregation into our own database and then present the data to users
from there.  What I don't get is how our application running on a CRON
with PHP would ever get OAuth credentials to do it's data mining job.

Help?!?!