It is because you are using the faster Sign in With Twitter endpoint where
if a user has already authorized your application they will automatically
redirect back to your site. If you want the user to always get prompted use
$connection->getAuthorizeURL($token, FALSE);

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Developer for hire | http://abrah.am
@abraham | http://projects.abrah.am | http://blog.abrah.am