Hi Castelino,

The API does offer the ability to follow a user. You'll first have to
authenticate the user through OAuth or xAuth to obtain an access token on
their behalf (which I assume you are doing anyway). You then offer the link
and when clicked, perform the following API call:

POST http://api.twitter.com/*1*
/friendships/create/your_application_screen_name.json

This will result in the "current user" following
"your_application_screen_name"

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod