the fix has been deployed, and it may be a caching issue.  if you have a
list of a few, we can go manually investigate.

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Brandon Stone <st...@lbstone.com> wrote:

> FYI, it looks like the stray ampersands are still floating around in the
> feeds of some Twitter lists.  Still causes validation errors.  Maybe the bug
> fix is propagating throughout Twitter?
>
> While we wait for this to be resolved, this regex might help any developer
> who wants things to work on their end.  (Here's the version I'm using in
> PHP.)
>
> // Look for dangling "&" characters and turn them into "&amp;" entities.
>> $output = preg_replace("/&(?!#?\w+;)/", "&amp;", $output);
>>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brandon
>
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Brandon Stone <st...@lbstone.com> wrote:
>
>> From what I can see, it looks like this is fixed now.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Brandon
>>
>>
>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Taylor Singletary <
>> taylorsinglet...@twitter.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Claudia,
>>>
>>> Looks like I was mistaken and this bugfix hasn't hit the server yet. It
>>> should go out sometime early this week.
>>>
>>> Taylor Singletary
>>> Developer Advocate, Twitter
>>> http://twitter.com/episod
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:15 AM, Claudia A. V. Callegari <
>>> claudia.avcalleg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello !
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>>>
>>>> See, for example, the url that my application is using:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline.atom?page=1&user_id=54210117&count=200&since_id=12941651260
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Claudia Antonini  Vitiello  Callegari
>>>> São Paulo -  Brasil
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 7 maio, 11:00, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> > Hi Claudia,
>>>> >
>>>> > Could you paste a little bit of the invalid ATOM feed you are still
>>>> > receiving it? This problem should be fixed now, but it's possible that
>>>> some
>>>> > persistent cache elements may still have the unencoded ampersand
>>>> within
>>>> > them.
>>>> >
>>>> > Taylor Singletary
>>>> > Developer Advocate, Twitterhttp://twitter.com/episod
>>>> >
>>>> > On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Claudia A. V. Callegari <
>>>> >
>>>> > claudia.avcalleg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> > > Hello!
>>>> >
>>>> > > Sorry for my English.
>>>> > > I'm also having the same problem, has agumar forecast for this
>>>> > > problem?
>>>> >
>>>> > > Thanks
>>>> > > Claudia Antonini  Vitiello  Callegari
>>>> > > São Paulo -  Brasil
>>>> >
>>>> > > On 4 maio, 12:33, Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>
>>>> > > wrote:
>>>> > > > Hi Brandon,
>>>> >
>>>> > > > Thanks for the bug report. We'll work on getting this fixed
>>>> quickly.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > Thanks!
>>>> >
>>>> > > > Taylor Singletary
>>>> > > > Developer Advocate, Twitterhttp://twitter.com/episod
>>>> >
>>>> > > > On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Brandon Stone <st...@lbstone.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> > > > > One very popular Twitter list is Scoble's Tech News Brands list:
>>>> >
>>>> > > > >
>>>> http://api.twitter.com/1/Scobleizer/lists/tech-news-brands/statuses.a.
>>>> > > ..
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > I've got a program that's been watching this feed for a while
>>>> now.
>>>> > >  Just
>>>> > > > > yesterday I started getting some XML parsing errors.  I can
>>>> create a
>>>> > > hack to
>>>> > > > > make this work again on my end, but it's definitely best for
>>>> Twitter to
>>>> > > make
>>>> > > > > sure their XML is well-formed.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > Here's what feed validator says:
>>>> >
>>>> > > > >
>>>> http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.c.
>>>> > > ..
>>>> >
>>>> > > > >> Sorry
>>>> >
>>>> > > > >> This feed does not validate.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > >> line 482<
>>>> > >
>>>> http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.c..
>>>> .>,
>>>> > > > >> column 73: XML parsing error: <unknown>:482:73: not well-formed
>>>> > > (invalid
>>>> > > > >> token) [help <
>>>> http://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/error/SAXError.html>]
>>>> >
>>>> > > > >> <a href="
>>>> > >http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=16.
>>>> ..
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > It looks like whenever a <twitter:source> of "Google" appears,
>>>> it
>>>> > > breaks
>>>> > > > > the XML because of the ampersand in the URL:
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > <twitter:source>
>>>> > > > >> <a href="
>>>> >
>>>> > >
>>>> http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164577
>>>> "
>>>> > > > >> rel="nofollow">Google</a>
>>>> > > > >> </twitter:source>
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > If the ampersand is fixed, I'm guessing things will be happy
>>>> again.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > I hope I'm sending this to the right place.  Not sure where else
>>>> to
>>>> > > send
>>>> > > > > it.
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > Thanks!
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > -Brandon
>>>> >
>>>> > > > > --
>>>> > > > > Brandon Stone
>>>> > > > >http://brandonstone.com
>>>> > > > >http://twitter.com/LBStone
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Brandon Stone
>> http://brandonstone.com
>> http://twitter.com/LBStone
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Brandon Stone
> http://brandonstone.com
> http://twitter.com/LBStone
>



-- 
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team
http://twitter.com/raffi

Reply via email to