I'm working on a Japanese twitter app and have had similar challenges with
encoding (i.e. the OAuth lib I used didnt support Japanese). I'll have a bit
of a look and see if I have the same ! problem as you and let you know.

Adam

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:22 AM, @sebagomez
<sebastiangomezcor...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have an app using OAuth (actaully xAuth) and it is working well...
> or almost well.
>
> I had a few bugs with encoding, I was not using UTF8 and now I do, so
> I am able to tweet stauff like "Peñarol á é í ó ú" (spanish lang
> characters). I was making some tests and I noticed that if I want to
> set '!' as my status (just the exclamation mark) it dos not work... I
> get an "Incorrect signature" error message.
>
> I tried moving stuff around but my actual config works in most cases.
> I can even twit 'é' as my status and it works!
> :S
>
> Can anybody point me in the right direction... most samples I've seen
> online don't care about UTF8 encoding, probably because most of them
> are built in the US :(
>
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> Seba
>

Reply via email to