Faried -

I'm sure it mostly my new newness to Ruby; rake/make files are not my
strong area as well.

If it's fairly small changes, can you provide those changes?
Basically, why patch it - if I can just use a replacement file.  But
since it's not provided yet, maybe you can demonstrate those tweaks?

Well, I'm not asking you to do something, if it's onerous to you - so,
absolutely no worries.  But, then again, if it's trivial, it would be
cool to get working on the new Ubuntu.  Otherwise my passion for
Twitter coding may slowly cool down - though, of course I love all
things Twitter - and I'm trying to get back into the coding of it.

~Patrick