I have an issue with the text itself.
"You can give applications permission to tell Twitter where you are
when you send a Tweet" implies that the geodata refers to the user's
actual location. People are - rightly or wrongly - worried about this,
and many do not activate geolocation. Our simple app allows users to
locate coordinates on a map and tweet "from" there, associating geo-
metadata with the subject of their tweet. I wish Twitter would
reconsider the uses of geo and adapt the settings, workflow and text
accordingly, especially since the takeup for "current location"
tweeting does not seem to be all that great.

And Stephen - device-based "current location" geotweeting mainly works
in a few English-speaking countries...