I take back what I said about the availability of device-based
tweeting. I was thinking about plain old dumb-phone SMS tweeting. And
of course browsers can now do geolocation. So, yes, bring on the
translations, but for those doing manual entry of arbitrary
coordinates let it be clear that they are not being spied on!

Also, wasn't there a way to enable geo on a tweet-by-tweet basis?