"Secret" API calls?  C'mon, if Tweetie for iPhone does have this
capability, someone's going to reverse it out of there soon enough.
Someone who cares enough to do it, anyway.

Not offering a public API isn't exactly an "unfair advantage" - it
merely raises the bar.  Now, if Twitter punishes app developers for
using the same techniques that Tweetie or other official Twitter apps
use ... then it's a different story.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/