I will write my own if I have to. But before I do, I'd like to understand as
many details as possible about the specifics of Twitter's RFC 3986 behavior.
In my experience with RFC specs, they usually provide a lot of detail but
they almost always leave some of those details to be interpreted by
implementors and those interpretations are not always the same. No spec is
perfect.