AHA!  I just checked, somehow my system clock is off (slow) by ~3 hours.
 Somehow, NTP died and time sync stopped.

I'm not sure how that happened, but I restarted ntpd everywhere, and
OAuth is working again!

Would it be a huge deal to ask that if the OAuth request is being
refused due to the oauth_timestamp, that the 401 response body reflect
this fact?  Could have saved me 3+ days of head-scratching.


On 5/20/10 5:16 PM, Taylor Singletary wrote:
> Hi Damon,
> 
> We've heard some reports of iPads setting their dates/clocks incorrectly
> -- sometimes back to 1969. If the client application uses the date/time
> on the machine (rather than querying it from some other source), and the
> date/time isn't within 5 minutes or so of our clocks, it results in a
> failed request. One work around is for clients to adjust their concept
> of the "current time" by looking at the HTTP headers we send on a failed
> request (which includes our server clock), or to use an external service
> to fetch the time prior to making a request.


-- 
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/
Panoptic Computer Network   | http://panoptic.com/
  "He realized the fastest way to change is to laugh at your own
    folly -- then you can let go and quickly move on." (p. 70)

Reply via email to