How are characters indexed in the indices values of entities? My guess would be
that they are indexed as Unicode code points--not bytes—and that the indexes
refer to the text before entity expansion (“&” -> “&”) is done. Is that
correct?

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, it would be very useful if we could
use the entities construct when posting. First, it would help to mitigate
problems when replying to somebody that has changed their username since the
tweet you are replying to. Also, it would allow an application to clarify what
is exactly in a URL. For example, “Check out http://example.org/foo.” should
have the URL parsed without the trailing period, but currently Twitter
considers the period to be part of the URL.

>From other observations it seems like Twitter has already built a short-link
>expansion service that is used internally. Will expanded links be exposed via
>this entities mechanism anytime soon?

Regards,

Brian

From: Taylor Singletary

Entities

Raffi's already introduced the concept of entities to you in a previous post:
http://bit.ly/boHXYv

You can now retrieve entities for tweets by specifying a include_entities=true
parameter to statuses/home_timeline, statuses/user_timeline,
statuses/friends_timeline, and statuses/mentions API calls to receive
additional per-tweet payloads dissecting parse-able elements from the tweet
body like @mentions, links, and hashtags. It's really cool! Some examples of
how entities are represented can be found here:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/tweet_entities