Strangely, it's working along with the parameter since_id under some
conditions.

My web app initially loads home_timeline?count=100 (the app is in its
infancy and only I use it, otherwise I'd be using since_id and a
cache). Every three minutes thereafter, an ajax call gets new tweets
using home_timeline?since_id=[id]&include_entities=true. That works --
it retrieves the entities.

However, if I manually refresh (i.e., call the exact same ajax
function explicitly rather than wait for the setTimeout to do it), I
get the error 500 page as the response, as described below.