On 6/5/2010 3:21 PM, Iguanasan wrote:
Hello, Everyone.

I'm trying to figure out how to create a simple app.  When someone
adds a new record to my database I want to tweet that it's available
to be seen - apartments for rent - so that anyone who follows my
twitter feed will get a notification about a new place for rent.

I've been forward and backward through the docs and I know that oAuth
is required and I've run some of the samples, however, most of them
seem to be allowing access to OTHER people's twitter accounts like a
Twitter app would do.  I want to simple access to my OWN Twitter
account.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

PS: I'm working in PHP for this project.

It's really not all that different than multiple accounts. What I would suggest, however, is writing a trigger to fire on the database and send an updated tweet rather than dealing with the client side.