Hi Michael,

The OAuth authorize step only needs to happen once before you receive access
tokens that allow you to act on a member's behalf. Once you've obtained an
access token, you can use it to make direct message requests for the user.
After completing the authorize and access token steps, store the access
token for the user so you can persist it across requests.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod