I'm seeing a temporary error adjusting the since_id on every search
query if I specify lang=en and it wipes out many valid results. I can
tell my backend script to filter out the other languages, but I'm
seeing as many as half a page of results be foreign posts, so that's a
lot of wasted bandwidth and processing to work around this bug.

Is this issue going to be fixed soon, or should I just implement the
workaround as a permanent solution and forget about using the lang
parameter?

One interesting item to note - if using the lang parameter the
"next_page" URL is also bugged.
Example:

Initial query: "search.twitter.com/search.json?
lang=en&page=1&q=test&result_type=recent&rpp=20"

"next_page":"?page=2&max_id=15735108387&rpp=20〈=en&q=test"

Note the odd unicode bracket thing where it should say "lang=en"
instead.