Yeah, it's really the step of manually getting that long string of
seemingly-random characters from one app to another. a callback url
makes sense for web-based apps.

Something like PIN auth that would allow a desktop/mobile app to make
an HTTP call and recover the string programatically would be good, I
think. Typing 4-6 characters is much, much easier than copying and
pasting that long string.

--
Ed Finkler
http://funkatron.com