Let me boil it down to the simplest case.

I have a protected account that I want to use to provide notifications
to my users (but only my users).  I have oauth completely set up to
let my users authorize me to their twitter accounts.  I can then make
their twitter account follow me.  Except, since I'm protected, that
following request isn't honored until I accept the pending follow
requests.  Currently there is no 'friendships/accept' type API method
so I have effectively done nothing until a human presses the accept
button.

So since this isn't going to work any time soon via the api, am I
likely to get myself banned if I write a bot that periodically logs in
and 'clicks' the accept all pending follower requests link that I as a
human can see?  And by periodically I think I mean once an hour or
less.