I think it can be used for much more than just that.  it all depends how deep
you think you wannna go
Sent from my Nokia phone
-----Original Message-----
From: kuhkatz
Sent:  16/06/2010 1:42:02 pm
Subject:  Re: [twitter-dev] What can be done with twitter data?

Am 15.06.2010 21:36, schrieb ckell...@gmail.com:
> What can be done with the twitter api? What can be done with data? What kind
> of output is useful to the general public? So far I have found twitter to be
> a public version of text messages. I have ideas for twitter such as twitter
> dating and twitter chatrooms is this something that the twitter api could be
> used for to develop such a program?
>
> -Chris
> ckel...@aol.com

dating... i dont know.
i also dont know if i want my dating approaches to be visible for anyone
and indexed by google, etc.

chat... maybe?
if you setup one account per chatchannel / room, people can DM that
account, and a bot would DM anyone who is registered for that room.
it is possible, i suppose.

if its not via DM chatting people would "spam" other peoples timelines,
at least i would see it that way.