On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Peter Denton <petermden...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Please accept this question as a sanity check for myself. Im using jQuery -
> (google cache of latest version). getting  empty/null for the following,
> when I should be getting json back. Thanks
>
> // gets empty response
>  $.ajax({
>         type: "GET",
>             url: "http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers/aplusk.json";,
>             cache: false,
>             success: function(data) {
>                 alert(data);
>             }
>   });
>
> // gets null response
> $.getJSON('http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers/aplusk.json',
> function(data) {
>             alert(data);
> });

If you just do a GET/wget/curl (pick your favorite) to
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/followers/aplusk.json from the
machine you are running that code in a browser from (or even hit the
API from the browser) do you get a response back? Could it be
returning an 4xx or 5xx error and you aren't seeing that since there
is no error: callback?

I just did a GET from one of my workstations and got a JSON response.

-steve