Quoting Bernd Stramm <bernd.str...@gmail.com>:

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:11:34 -0700
"M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <zn...@borasky-research.net> wrote:

Suppose a merchant - let's say a coffee shop - is listed in Google
and Yahoo's database. Are they *automatically* in Twitter's place
database? If not, how do they get listed? Does it cost anything?

As an aside, I know of a restaurant in Portland that's in the Google
database with the correct address, but they showed up in Google Maps
a couple of weeks ago a mile or so east of where they actually
are. ;-)

I know of a restaurant that is listed in Google Maps, has been in the
same location for more than 5 years. The satellite image, with a
copyright of 2010, still doesn't show the building.

Yes - I've eaten there - a lot of NSA folks from Fort Meade have lunch there. ;-)