hi all.

as you've all probably noticed, with the world cup going on, twitter is
experiencing record load. because of this, we're moving the oauth switchover
date to august 16, 2010.

we want to make sure that you all have calm waters to test your new
codebases where you're not dealing with whales, robots, and whatnot. with
the world cup ending on july 11th, you will all have over a month's time of
calm waters and site stability to finish the switch over.  also, with the
vast majority of media providers already switched over to OAuth Echo, you
now also have an additional month of time to work out your integrations with
them.

just to review what we're going to be doing: starting on august 16 we'll be
ramping down the rate limits on basic auth roughly by 10 calls/hour/day
ending on august 31st.  on the 31st, you won't be allowed to make any other
basic auth calls.  in other words, if you don't do anything, you'll get more
and more frequent rate limit errors as you approach august 31st. starting on
august 31st, any basic auth request will get a HTTP 403 response back.

as always, please reach out if there are any questions or concerns. for
those who have already switched over, thanks!

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team