Hey,

That's a great question. Thanks for asking it.

If you don't have sudo rights on the machine you want to run twurl on you
will need to tell your system to install gems into your user folder. For
most cases this happens automatically when you leave sudo off of the call.
One method i've heard works is to change your GEM_HOME folder to somewhere
you have write access to. You can do this by typing something similar to:
  export GEM_HOME=/home/myname/gems

The RubyGems website [1] has more information about customizing where
RubyGems go

Hope that helps, and let us know how it goes.
Matt

1. http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/3

--

Matt Harris