Sure, that's an option, but not one which I would likely take, for
multiple reasons, including rate limiting which I would like to apply
to my client (my server is whitelisted so all accounts would suddenly
get 20000 -> that's a bad idea).

I was wondering how the "big" clients do this, like TweetDeck, Twitter
for iPhone, Gwibber, DestroyTwitter, TwitterBerry, etc. Is their key
storage so secure that they have never had a key leak, or do they
implement oAuth differently? I doubt that all of their requests go via
a server...

Also, I know that this may sound a bit stupid, but I'd like to propose
a change in oAuth (1.1?) so that it's no longer needed to supply both
keys. Where can I do this?

Tom