Interesting. Your method is similar to the breadth-first crawl that many people
do (for example, see the academic paper by Kwak et al. 2010).

You have to keep in mind, however, that you are only crawling the giant
component of the network, the connected part. If there are any turkish users
who have their *separate* subpopulation, which is not connected to the rest,
you won't find those.

You could easily find those with a sample stream. Although I have to admit that
the number of non-connected users is not so big, no one has really tested that
so far.

Pascal