Hello James,

may be you would be interested in looking at our API which provides
language and location filtering on tweets.

More specifically, you'll find an example for filtering tweets based
on location and on language under "Example: filtering by language and
location", located at the URL
http://developer.semiocast.com/tutorial/twitter

Do not hesitate to visit our API website: http://developer.semiocast.com
or ask for more information.