Hi Shan,

The Search API is anonymous so authenticating makes no difference to the
rate limit there. If you are requesting a lot of information from the search
API you may want to look at the streaming API instead:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api

The majority of search cases can be handled by the default filter limits
available through the streaming API.

Best,
Matt

--