I've been studying APIs and testing with toy apps; technically, it's
all working fine.

My questions, regarding a desktop app that I hope to distribute:

1) OAuth is obviously required for status updates (api.twitter.com/
POST), but what about search.twitter.com/GET of public tweets?  Do I
still need to use OAuth (e.g., so that twitter can monitor my app's
behavior)?

2) Same as (1), but for stream.twitter.com/filter ?

3) Is it Ok for desktop apps to hold stream.twitter.com connections
open for 20 minutes or so, e.g., during a group discussion?

Thanks