The situation is:
We have 60k users all with their own twitter account, so not a single
account with 60k followers.
Those 60k users all have people they follow and we want to give the
user a message when someone they are following posted a tweet.
Hope this clarify things a bit.
I will have a look into the streaming api.

Patrick