Patrick,

given this explanation, you will need a lot of streams.

60k users with an average of 100 friends (low estimate)
Let's guess that every user shares 50% of the friends with others

This gives us: 60.000 * 100 *.5 = 3 million

In order to track 3 million users with the follow stream, you need:

the biggest role for this ("birddog") allows following 400.000 users
(http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api_methods)

SO:

You will need at least eight highest-level tracking privileges.

Pascal