If you need larger bounding boxes, you can request a higher access
level. You can also assemble a number of smaller bounding boxes into a
larger box to cover more area. So, you can divvy up your allocation
into a contiguous area, or multiple discontinuous regions.

If there's a bug on creating a legally-sized bounding box that
straddle one or both of the prime meridian or the equator, we'll
certainly fix that.

Given the proportion of geo-tagged tweets, perhaps we should indeed
make these boxes bigger for the default access role.

-John