The count parameter means 'no more than', not 'exactly'. We do read-repair
on home timeline status_id-based vectors as we gather the statuses. It's not
practical to fan-out deletes to the materialized home timeline vector. In
nearly all display cases, displaying 19 or 20 tweets is equivalent. The
client is either in a loop, paging through for a since_id, or the user is
likely to click more anyway.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.