Thanks for highlighting that this isn't clear. We'll get onto clarifying how
count works and update the docs as soon as possible.

In the meantime this is how count works:
The count parameter tells the API request the maximum number of Tweets to
return. The number of Tweets may not be exactly equal to count as we filter
out deleted Tweets, Tweets by deleted users and Tweets by suspended users as
the last action. If, by default, a request doesn't return retweets, those
too will be filtered out. To include retweets you must provided
include_rts=1 as a query parameter.

Hope that helps,
Matt

--