Yeah, I have a correction to the database too - Twicket filed. ;-) And a word of warning - if you're at place A, don't enter place B in Twitter's database. If you do, place B's address in the Twitter database will get tagged with place A's latitude and longitude. But place B does have great burgers and pizza ;-)

Just out of curiosity, where's the "fine print" (licensing, terms of use, etc.) associated with Twitter's location database? Google's got some fairly strict conditions associated with theirs, as does Yahoo! and I'm sure Foursquare as well. Google also has a number of features designed to help local merchants make sure their listings are accurate and useful to searchers. What's Twitter's "road map" in this "area"? ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>:

Hi Rajesh,

We don't have a formal process yet for removing erroneous places from
our database. Your best bet at the moment is to file a Support ticket,
offering as much information as you can about the incorrect place (if
you know the place_id, specific string for the name, lat/long, etc.)

http://bit.ly/twicket

Thanks!
Taylor