Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Twitter risk loosing a large
percentage of their third party open-source developers, by not having
a solid solution for the required OAuth security changes in time for
the deadline?

I can only guess, but, I would think that the open-source segment
would count for quite a large number of independent developers, all
eager to build for and promote the Twitter vision.

Michael