Hi there,

My name is Dominiek ter Heide and I have a little gimmicky project
called Blinkly, slick profile image overlays: http://blink.ly/

Ever since about a month ago I've been experiencing some problems with
image uploading through the REST API. I managed to fix this (meaning
less failures) by using the V1 API, other developers with this problem
should look into this!

However, every time I upload an image through the API or through the
website even, it scales it down in a strange way. When the aspect
ratio wasn't squared, it used to crop it in a smart way. Right now
however, black borders are added to all uploaded images. E.g.
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1093873780/blink_23.jpg

Are the Twitter devs changing this back to the smart cropping like it
used to? If so, I will not bother in adjusting my backend and cope
with the glitch for now.

Sincerely,

@dominiek