Gotcha,

So basically there is no way to grab only the @mentions for specific
handles?  It was working just fine using the Search API until very recently
(past week) so I dont think the search limitations were the issue. Was the
archive purged in the past week? If so, is there any plan to duplicate this
@mention grabbing functionality at any point or will the mentions be
repopulated slowly as the occur?

Sorry to pester, the app I'm working on requires a couple of streams of
specific types (from xHandle, mentioning xHandle) of tweets