No, you will most likely need to change your application.

I have no idea what kind of application you are using. If you want to
send 1000 Direct Messages per hour, then you may want to reconsider
your application - Twitter will not allow sending this many Direct
Messages.

The link you provided is about how to limit the amount of calls. In
most cases, applications will work fine by using the Stream API and a
limited number of REST requests. But this depends on your application.

Tom