I have been developing a complete OAuth Library for Twitter in
AppleScript (I know, some people thought it was impossible but it
isn't).  The trouble is, I can authorize OAuth and get my token and
secret from Twitter without any issues. However, once I try to make a
call to the API the script will not validate my signature.  I am using
the exact same methods to create my base string and signature that I
used to authorize OAuth so I know it has to be an issue with either my
header or base string parameters for this call...  If someone could
look this over and tell me if everything checks out that would be
great!

This is a simple call to get https://api.twitter.com/1/direct_messages.xml
api....

Base string is

GET&https%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com
%2F1%2Fdirect_messages.xml&oauth_consumer_key%3D2qKWThvrdoDBKeQCmIMA2w
%26oauth_nonce
%3D28e0ef3fec75d92e6fc95460ffef4581ffd1d8f1%26oauth_signature_method
%3DHMAC-SHA1%26oauth_token%3D90908405-
B0SOI7v64YMcx7VOPTOvSieUOztDNPStWVY9rnabJ%26oauth_timestamp
%3D1281541844%26oauth_version%3D1.0

The header for this call is listed as

Authorization: OAuth oauth_consumer_key="2qKWThvrdoDBKeQCmIMA2w",
oauth_nonce="28e0ef3fec75d92e6fc95460ffef4581ffd1d8f1",
oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",
oauth_signature="%2B8UDpXZN9SwZsUBsFNv%2B518sLg0%3D",
oauth_token="90908405-B0SOI7v64YMcx7VOPTOvSieUOztDNPStWVY9rnabJ",
oauth_timestamp="1281541844",
oauth_version="1.0"

If you would like any other information to test this out for yourself
please let me know!