On 8/11/10 6:30 PM, ERenken wrote:
> So how can I use OAuth on a hardware device we are creating that
> doesn't have a UI?  Can I share the key between all the devices?  This
> is only twittering to 1 account that we have created.  Seems like
> OAuth is going to make stuff like this harder for people to develope.
> Seems like it would have just bee easier for security if you would
> have added HTTPS and left basic auth.  At least for embedded devices
> so they could send tweets.

If there's no chance of the key leaking to people outside of your
company (or whoever uses your application) then I don't see why not.
It's always better than sharing username/password like with Basic Auth,
and if they all use the same account, it's no problem at all.

Of course, a better solution would be to create a simple proxy, but that
may take some more programming and money if you don't have a server for it.

Tom