Using Abraham Williams twitteroauth library I used this base code to
post Twitter. Is it that simple?

Of course my app code is actually longer. I'm writing an app that
takes new news stories posted to our web site and automatically tweets
them.

A question though: What's the best way to handle $access_key which is
the oauth_token and $access_secret which is the oauth_token_secret?
I've read they should not be readable in your php code.

<?php
$consumer_key = "12345";
$consumer_secret = "6789";
$access_key = "12345";
$access_secret = "6789";

require_once('twitteroauth/twitteroauth.php');

$connection = new TwitterOAuth ($consumer_key ,$consumer_secret ,
$access_key , $access_secret );
$connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' => "my tweet"));
?>