Hi guys,

request":"/1/statuses/update.json","error":"Could not authenticate
you.

I am trying to post a tweet to one of my accounts using oAuth, with a
script I wrote on PERL. I'm sending the request as a POST with the
required tokens in the header. but I keep getting this error

request":"/1/statuses/update.json","error":"Could not authenticate
you.

Additional info:

I have the consumer key and secret, oauth token and secret, I'm
generating the nonce myself, I'm passing a timestamp in milliseconds .

I believe I am constructing the signature in the correct order, and am
using the consumer and oauth secrets to sign them.

Everything is url encoded.

Is there something I have to do before I can tweet, bearing in mind I
have all the tokens