Still no solution:
http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/msg/58b4b54d41b3ce4f
After that initial message, it is apparently still not available...

I've released my module by explaining in the readme how webmasters can
add their own application and obtain the consumer public and secret
key for their application and giving them an option to enter them in
the module.
I'm not really happy about this workaround... It just sucks...