Realised I may have missed the point slightly here - that callbacks
aren't actually a problem because it's about what the *user* can
access, not Twitter itself. So if the user can access the non-public
server, the callbacks can point there without a problem. Right? :)

Supplementary question: am I going to run into issues with exposure of
my application's secret keys/tokens as a result of it being open
source?

Thanks again,

   Biggs