Thanks for pointing this out. We likely have too aggressive of caching in
the response to that call. If you get a successful return code from the
friendships/destroy end point, you should likely assume the call
was successful, regardless of the response. I'll look into this.

If you have a capture of the specific instance where you received this
cached response back, you may want to file a bug with the details at
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/

Thanks,
Taylor