Hey everyone,

Thanks for the questions. I'll try and answer them all in this message.

1) are the counts turned on?
This weekend the counts were turned off and have remained off. This is
because of some bugs we found in the way the value was calculated.
I'll let you know when we have this resolved.

2) Will these fields show up in the Search and Streaming API?
The fields are already in the Streaming API but be aware the
'retweeted' field is not meaningful here. This is because the streamed
status knows nothing of the connected user.
The search API does not include this information.

3) How do I know if the feature is turned off?
Tweets will contain a retweeted_count if available. If the service is
not enabled newer Tweets will likely be missing their retweeted_count.
The safest thing to do is code to handle missing values. If they are
present use them, if they are not, treat them the same as when the
field didn't exist. This way your code works when the retweeted_count
is both enabled and disabled.

4) When was the feature turned on?
The service was rolled out the week beginning Aug 16th

Hope that answers your questions,
Matt