I'm having same issue. It looks like null tweets appear when your
follower deletes their tweets. You can easily reproduce this bug.

Many twitter applications stop working since this evening. (guess most
of apps can't handle null correctly.) I think this should be addressed
by twitter end.

Thanks,
Kazuho