All newer API methods have been returning API error codes for a while
now.  We have been extremely sensitive to not breaking older behavior
(for backwards compatbility reasons), so older methods still return
the old format.  We have been toying with the ability to get error
codes on all methods if developers pass in a special parameter, or
header, but we haven't gotten very far down that route yet.

On Friday, August 27, 2010, Marc Mims <marc.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Raffi Krikorian <ra...@twitter.com> [100827 06:03]:
>> this is most certainly a mistake on our part - we'll be reverting this
>> change.
>
> The new error format looks useful, especially if the error code allows
> us to deal with multi-lingual error messages consistently.  Obviously,
> some advanced notice and consistency across the API will be helpful.
>
> I'm still very interested in seeing Twitter provide library developers
> with advanced notice under non-disclosure for changes like this.
>
>         -Marc

> Change your membership to this group:

Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team