One use of providing an it is providing us information in exchange for
giving you access to the API. It provides accountability for your
application should anything go wrong (or right), and allows users to
discover more about your application when they see a tweet with your app in
the source tag. If you're at a loss for an URL to provide, consider a URL
shortened link to your Twitter profile or another profile of you or your
company online.

Taylor